FIGHTING HUNGER WHERE WE LIVE
Even a small gift can make a BIG difference. "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." - Aesop
Your gift of time helps hungry families eat. "Only by giving are you able to receive more than you already have." - Jim Rohn
Our mission is to provide long term and temporary assistance to those who have fallen on difficult times in hopes of returning them to the independent pursuit of their life’s goals.
Serving Your Community
Active Faith Community Services helps people in need in the South Lyon Community School District. This 83 square mile area covers six different municipalities including parts of Oakland, Livingston and Washtenaw Counties.
We continue to distribute food and clothing to over 140 families and assist families in need.
Active Faith is continually changing to meet the needs of the community. We are an information and referral center for food, clothing, and utility assistance from other agencies. Contact us and we can direct you to the right agencies even though you may not fit into our financial guidelines.
Did You Know?
- FOUNDED - In 1987 ten local pastors started Active Faith as a non-denominational, non-discriminating, licensed, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization recognized by the IRS. All donations are tax-deductible.
- AREAS WE SERVE - The 83 square mile area comes under six different municipalities and covers parts of Oakland, Livingston, and Washtenaw counties.
- THOSE IN NEED - Active Faith Community Services has worked with low-income households residing within our 83 square mile rural school district. Established as a food pantry and clothing closet, we have not veered from our original mission.
- FOOD DISTRIBUTION - We distribute twice a month to an average of 140 households and provide emergency food assistance when needed. Our volunteers make 20 home deliveries per month. In 2018 we distributed 165,572 pounds of food to families in the South Lyon School District.
- VOLUNTEERS - Our volunteers logged in a total of 5,000 community hours on behalf of our organization.
- DONATION OPPORTUNITIES - Food drives, participation in annual fundraisers, sponsoring a shelf and bountiful donations from your home vegetable garden are some of the many ways to donate to Active Faith.