FIGHTING HUNGER WHERE WE LIVE
Need food assistance? Please stop by Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 11:00 to 4:30.
Our address is 401 Washington Street, South Lyon. We are not asking for any proof of income during the COVID-19 crisis. If feel you are in need of food, we are here to help.
We are working closely with community leaders and will be posting updates as we have them. We will be updating you as information may change.
If you are donating food, please come between 9:30 and 4:30. We are not accepting clothing during this time.
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Active Faith staff and volunteers are preparing to respond to the impact of COVID-19 upon our community. Beyond the potential health impacts, many senior centers may lose access to meal providers, and we are also planning for impact of school closings leaving at risk children missing essential meals.
Additionally, those who work in the service industry and other hourly jobs stand to lose significant income due to staying home to care for children or the impact from events being cancelled.
Here are some ways you can help:
Food donations Monday, Wednesday or Thursday 10-5.
Here's what we need:
- Toilet paper
- Canned goods: diced tomatoes,chicken,carrots,
- Instant potatoes
- Juice Boxes
- Vegetable Soup
If possible, please call us first so we can prepare with coordinating with staff and volunteers. Every little bit helps.
Monetary donations: Checks can be address to : Active Faith, 401 Washington Street, P.O. Box 188, South Lyon 48178. Donation by PayPal is also available.
Other ways to help:
Be aware of your neighbors. Let them know about Active Faith Food Pantry. Offer to drive them to our office. Even the smallest act of kindness can make a huge difference, especially for the elderly who are most vulnerable and may be feeling very scared.
We have the most amazing community, and together we will make sure no one goes hungry.
Even a small gift can make a BIG difference. "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
Your gift of time helps hungry families eat. "Only by giving are you able to receive more than you already have."
Our mission is to provide long term and temporary assistance to those who have fallen on difficult times in hopes of returning them to the independent pursuit of their life’s goals.
Serving Your Community
Active Faith Community Services helps people in need in the South Lyon Community School District. This 83 square mile area covers six different municipalities including parts of Oakland, Livingston and Washtenaw Counties.
We continue to distribute food and clothing to over 120 families and assist families in need.
Active Faith is continually changing to meet the needs of the community. We are an information and referral center for food, clothing, and utility assistance from other agencies. Contact us and we can direct you to the right agencies even though you may not fit into our financial guidelines.
Did You Know?
- FOUNDED - In 1987 ten local pastors started Active Faith as a non-denominational, non-discriminating, licensed, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization recognized by the IRS. All donations are tax-deductible.
- AREAS WE SERVE - The 83 square mile area comes under six different municipalities and covers parts of Oakland, Livingston, and Washtenaw counties.
- THOSE IN NEED - Active Faith Community Services has worked with low-income households residing within our 83 square mile rural school district. Established as a food pantry and clothing closet, we have not veered from our original mission.
- FOOD DISTRIBUTION - We distribute twice a month to an average of 120 households and provide emergency food assistance when needed. Our volunteers make 11 home deliveries per month. In 2019 we distributed 138,358 pounds of food to families in the South Lyon School District.
- VOLUNTEERS - Our volunteers logged in a total of 4,500 community hours on behalf of our organization.
- DONATION OPPORTUNITIES - Food drives, participation in annual fundraisers, sponsoring a shelf and bountiful donations from your home vegetable garden are some of the many ways to donate to Active Faith.