FIGHTING HUNGER WHERE WE LIVE
Here's everything you need to know in a nutshell on this page. This our Covid-19 protocol. No need to go further into the website, as that information is on hold for time being.
There are 3 ways to receive food please pick the one that best matches your needs.
- Pick Up Service and Home delivery : Use this link to place your order online. https://fs11.formsite.com/fgzaQC/gwjvse0jz9/index.html Please pick up your order between 11 am-4:30 pm on Mondays or Wednesdays. Your order will be ready for pick up within one hour of submission. For home delivery, use must meet this criteria: home bound, immocompromised, disability or lack of transportation. Remember, anyone can pick up your order if you can not come to the pantry. It is very helpful to us, if you can ask a family member or friend to pick up your order.
- Drive up/Walk up to Pantry: Drive up to the pantry, stay in your car. Someone will assist you.
Working together and making sure everyone is safe is our goal. Thank you for being part of this effort.
We are no longer offering food assistance on Thursdays. There is no clothing being handled at this time and we are not able to accept clothing during the COVID-19 situation.
Our address is 401 Washington Street, South Lyon. We are not asking for any proof of income during the COVID-19 crisis. If feel you are in need of food, we are here to help. The online order form pops up when you go to this website.
We will be updating you as information may change.
If you are donating food, please come between 11 and 4:30 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. We are NOT accepting clothing during this time.
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Active Faith staff and our core group of volunteers have rallied together to meet the growing demand for food assistance responding to record breaking numbers of people filing for unemployment. We are receiving a wonderful response from the community as we pull together to help those in need. We appreciate each and everyone of you for your prayers, positive thoughts, offers to help, financial donations, and food supplies.
Food donations Monday, Wednesday or Thursday 10-4:30. What do we need you ask? Please call us and ask, as our needs change each week at 248-437-9790 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monetary donations: Checks can be address to : Active Faith, 401 Washington Street, P.O. Box 188, South Lyon 48178. Donation by PayPal is also available.
Other ways to help:
Be aware of your neighbors. Let them know about Active Faith Food Pantry. Offer to drive them to our office. Even the smallest act of kindness can make a huge difference, especially for the elderly who are most vulnerable and may be feeling very scared.
We have the most amazing community, and together we will make sure no one goes hungry.
Even a small gift can make a BIG difference. "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
Your gift of time helps hungry families eat. "Only by giving are you able to receive more than you already have."
Our mission is to provide long term and temporary assistance to those who have fallen on difficult times in hopes of returning them to the independent pursuit of their life’s goals.
Serving Your Community
Active Faith Community Services helps people in need in the South Lyon Community School District. This 83 square mile area covers six different municipalities including parts of Oakland, Livingston and Washtenaw Counties.
We continue to distribute food and clothing to over 120 families and assist families in need.
Active Faith is continually changing to meet the needs of the community. We are an information and referral center for food, clothing, and utility assistance from other agencies. Contact us and we can direct you to the right agencies even though you may not fit into our financial guidelines.
Did You Know?
- FOUNDED - In 1987 ten local pastors started Active Faith as a non-denominational, non-discriminating, licensed, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization recognized by the IRS. All donations are tax-deductible.
- AREAS WE SERVE - The 83 square mile area comes under six different municipalities and covers parts of Oakland, Livingston, and Washtenaw counties.
- THOSE IN NEED - Active Faith Community Services has worked with low-income households residing within our 83 square mile rural school district. Established as a food pantry and clothing closet, we have not veered from our original mission.
- FOOD DISTRIBUTION - We distribute twice a month to an average of 120 households and provide emergency food assistance when needed. Our volunteers make 11 home deliveries per month. In 2019 we distributed 138,358 pounds of food to families in the South Lyon School District.
- VOLUNTEERS - Our volunteers logged in a total of 4,500 community hours on behalf of our organization.
- DONATION OPPORTUNITIES - Food drives, participation in annual fundraisers, sponsoring a shelf and bountiful donations from your home vegetable garden are some of the many ways to donate to Active Faith.